My First 100 Days as Librarian for Education and Youth Services at University of Northern Iowa


 Since August 2023, I have worked as Librarian for Education and Youth Services at University of Northern Iowa Rod Library. One of two faculty members with doctorates, I engage in library instruction, research consultations, presentations, faculty collaborations, and collection development activities that align with the strategic plans of Rod Library and UNI. 

This position has its challenges, rewards, and opportunities. I work at a beautiful library on a gorgeous campus in a bucolic area of Iowa. I work with some truly generous colleagues. Yet I also work through challenging university and state politics that have helped me to become a better speaker and librarian. Through these challenges, I have found my voice. I have gained agency. Although I frequently feel frustrated, I am blessed to be a part of UNI. 

Comments

Popular Posts